6.9 # 7114 - it lives !

More threads by CraigS

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
This is something that should have got of the ground over east . Yes Kevin tried to introduce it outside W.A . But it was blocked service station and petrol company's hate it. They have to post what price is going to be the next day by 18:00 hours and cannot change the price at the bowser before 06:00 the next morning so price cannot change at anytime in the next 24hours. http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/fuelwatch/pages/home.jspx :D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
But this is Craig's post about his car so back to his car Tim. :)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Click on link it tells you the price at every petrol station in W.A and gives you directions to them. But it will be fun to see how many 6.9's we can picture together. :D

260ebenz

Master
What year model is the 6.9 Craig and how many kms on the clock?

How is the sale of the 300CE-24 going Craig?

Cheers.

Oversize

Grand Master
Oh I didn't know he was in Vic!!! :rolleyes::)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
He isn't that would be the eBay add from when Michel lost. :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Aaaahhh dammit! :eek:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Oh well you will have me over that way soon. :)

OP
CraigS

CraigS

I will answer several of the questions that have come up. The car is in Sydney, but it has Victorian club registration. Just never bothered to change it and unlikely I will because of the system Victoria has.

The car was delivered in Stuttgart late 1979 on the overseas delivery program. As the title suggests, being #7114, it is very late in the production, has the euro motor, velour, no sunroof, no badges, and goes like hell ! I still need to fix an oil leak from the oil pressure gauge where it comes out of the block, which is a real PITA as it is so difficult to get at, so that will be next weekends job, but I drove it about 20 km yesterday and all seems good so far.

Styria

The Godfather
Yes Craig, quite a bit of care is required in order to fit the plumbing for the oil pressuure gauge properly. A claw spanner is a big help. As you know, I have carried out a valve grind and de-coke on both Gleaming Beauty and the Astral Silver I used to own. Can I be bashful, or boastful - not a single oil, nor water leak on either of the two jobs. Mind you, it took long enough to complete the work. Very fiddly and time consuming, and you just have to be so precise. You just don't want to go back chasing little imperfections. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Do it once and do it right!! :)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Sounds like Styria is offering free de coke upgrades all round. :D:D:D

Oversize

Grand Master
Yep don't trust your car with cowboys!! :D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Or me with a NOS kit. :D:D:eek:

Oversize

Grand Master
Definitely a big blue bottle of 'Engine Kill'!! On the shelves right next to 'Start ya Bastard'!!

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
the most I ever put was 3 bottles in my HQ boot . This was in the days before staged NOS kits so I made my own. How did it end engine lived car didn't hard left Eastern Creek but got almost 2 years of regular racing in. :D:p:eek:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Sorry Craig owe you drink at get together for being a pirate its your post about your car. :(

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Craig any new pictures of your car it is certainly a rare colour for a 6.9 I wonder how many were painted that colour. :)