Not to be Trusted

More threads by sean sherry

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I'm pleased this has been resolved and that you are satisfied with the outcome. May the Subarus bring shamrocks into your days.
By the way, some of the long-time Mercedes-Benz Sydney team who left with the change of ownership have now gone to Peugeot...
Regards,
Brian

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
To be fair at, no step along the way did either The Dealer in Alexandria or Meredes themselves attempt to denay any responsibility ... I was taken very seriously from Day one.
It has been stressful for us ,but all is well that ends well......We call it as we see it, as to our opinions on all these different Cars. Horses for courses.....

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Happy with the Subarus.... Mine a Forrester, so easy to drive... Bev has an Impreza with all the latest Digital Screen, two cameras with parking sensors, electric heated Seats seats etc.
The reversing Cameras are very accurate ... Bev should no longer park by ear !!!!
A friend , an expert on European Car repairs, once remarked that women have no mechanical sympthy.... After 40 years driving, Bev still doesn't understand what happens when the wheel is turned when reversing....There is no cure.....

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Mercedes have picked up both Cars and will refund the Purchase Prices. Paper work now with them. Dealer will issue the refund and will be reimbursed by Mercedes Melbourne.
Luke the Sales manager, was confident all the way that they would pay up.
We are the largest Dealership in the Southern Hemisfere .
We have a Voice. Mercedes Alexandria.
Now driving a new Subaru Forrester ... a better Vehicle than the A 200 at $20K less !!!
Bev picks uo the new model Impreza on Friday...a big equippment improvement on previous models. A tried and proven Boxer Engine and AWD. Both have spare wheels !!!!
Loudest squeek gets the most Oil.. .............Linwood on Sunday Yes thanks
Fantastic result Sean.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Happy with the Subarus.... Mine a Forrester, so easy to drive... Bev has an Impreza with all the latest Digital Screen, two cameras with parking sensors, electric heated Seats seats etc.
The reversing Cameras are very accurate ... Bev should no longer park by ear !!!!
A friend , an expert on European Car repairs, once remarked that women have no mechanical sympthy.... After 40 years driving, Bev still doesn't understand what happens when the wheel is turned when reversing....There is no cure.....
I hear you on this one Sean.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Allowed to drive the Impreza today.... Found a S button to press.... A rocket Ship !!!
Forrester doesn't have this feacture.... I am not tempted to get a Tune via the OBD
I'll wait till I have a few thousamd Ks travelled and know that it can be reversed before visiting a Dealer....Impreza has 2 Lt & Forrester 2.5 naturally inspired .... non Turbo Boxer Engines.

Oversize

Grand Master
Interesting this happened to me the other day in a BMW X5 (work car). No car following but it gave me a hell of a shock even at 50kmh. All I saw was shadows across the road, but the car decided there was another vehicle directly ahead and all I saw was the flashing red silhouette of a car on the instrument cluster as the emergency brakes were applied. I've yet to speak to BMW about it, but it's certainly cause for concern. Buy the newest car you can afford they say; nup not me!!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Interesting this happened to me the other day in a BMW X5 (work car). No car following but it gave me a hell of a shock even at 50kmh. All I saw was shadows across the road, but the car decided there was another vehicle directly ahead and all I saw was the flashing red silhouette of a car on the instrument cluster as the emergency brakes were applied. I've yet to speak to BMW about it, but it's certainly cause for concern. Buy the newest car you can afford they say; nup not me!!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Hopefully they will not shoot the messenger ! As Car Manufactuers buy in many parts I would suspect tha BMW & Merrcedes bought from the same Electronic sourse. Google your issue to look for others having the same issue, as I did with Mercedes. feel free to mention my simular issue with the A200 mercedes. Loudest squeak gets the most oil !!!!