My Mercedes Experience

More threads by WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

My love to mercedes benz starts when i was in Germany and my father asked me to get a car for the family and my mom wanted a BENZ ( was 115 white 72)
was in the family till the turn of the century then they sold it.
i bought my personal mercedes was 201 (84 190) till i change it 1990 with my long life companion 126 85 280 s and i admit it never failed me ( Godfather you see why i adore this car?) i have it now for 21 years and the second owner DSC02303.jpg

now it goes out once evrey blue moon , scared to see her suffer in the cairo traffic these days. plus not easy to find parking down town where i work.

08 i bought my baby beemer X3 which became my daily ride - i love this one very much , actually it was impressive in all aspects.DSC02301.jpg
Six monthes ago a close freind who happen to be a high rank mercedes excutive was not happy when i told him honestly i can't find a match in today fleet of MB to stand vs my X3.
next day i found a black mercedes C300 W204 avantgard AMG in front of my house with a corier wants me to sign a reciept that i received this baby .
i phoned him and said this baby aint coming back ( still have no photos yet on my computer but i tell you guys it is a little monster in modern dress.
then again the old age crises itches and saw this blue 116 i'm following and another silver 108 having a delema of which i should start first .
i chose for 116 cause it looks easier ( god knows how it will end ) plus the 108 was equipped with 300 sd diesel engine .
here is my story with the benz .

REGARDS
TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

forgot to add , one of the reasons to opt for the 116 was this forum.
Now i know i was right and that is why i ask to add a section for 108 too.
REGARDS.

TAREK

p.s Meeting the Godfather , Michel , WGB (BILL) , Tony made me more happy for my choice.

wish you guys are closer LOL.

mathew

Arrrh yes that W204 C-Class with the larger engine is just a complete package, well built good handling and it just puts a smile on your face. I drove one from Wagga to Canberra not so long ago and they really are a well thought out car, no doubt about it.

Congrats on the W116, I remember way back in 1981 walking home from school and a big blue 450SEL pulling up my Dad's sister had brought it. That was the first Mercedes I had ever ridden in and back then that was some car. The bug started and I decided that one day I would have one and many years latter I brought my first 190E which traveled 700,000km before I wrote it off top little car. The I brought a Falcon worst pile of junk I have ever owned so I brought a repossessed W202 C-class then a 180E and then a W126 and then a W124 cabriolet an finally the huge W140Series which beyond any doubt is the best Mercedes I have ever owned.

I use the W126 as a daily driver and it turns heads because it's a classic and the W116 is a beautiful old car all that chrome and I'm in heaven, may it bring you many miles of smiles mate.
Cheers Mat

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

hi Mat , i think we share same taste in most of MB models ( except the W140 since i never owned one) and taxes now here make it harder for me . i just started with a Fiat 124 sport in the 70's to special buick model with 7500 cc engine custom built ( very american monster ) till i killed the engine on 84 than i started my benz experience with the 190 which i change it in 1990 with the W126 which i enjoy till today as we speak.

the W 116 still not on my name and i'm promised that tomorrow i can hear the engine ( for final deal) as cars here have different values due to export and import restictions and heavy taxes on bigger engines .

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Mat and Tarek, fascinating stories by each of you. Tarek, you should see Mat's cars - they're an absolute credit to him. Each one looks as good as on the day when they rolled off the showroom floor. If you look around a bit on topklasse, you will find pics of Mat's cars in one of the threads.

Your story of 'you're not going to get that baby back' is a good one, and it will indeed be interesting to see what you're going to come up with as far as your intending purchase of your 116 is concerned. Looking forward to getting further information. Regards Styria